- RSS Channel Showcase 4198073
- RSS Channel Showcase 9526684
- RSS Channel Showcase 7574543
- RSS Channel Showcase 6717130
Articles on this Page
- 11/06/15--17:26: _Yilhun Lhatso: A Vi...
- 11/07/15--13:51: _Tro La Pass: A Vide...
- 12/20/15--08:46: _Altitude Sickness i...
- 12/27/15--11:16: _What is My Risk of ...
- 01/09/16--08:46: _How to Avoid Altitu...
- 01/18/16--09:17: _Itineraries for Pre...
- 02/21/16--11:46: _How to Make the Mos...
- 03/06/16--15:47: _Dzogchen Monastery:...
- 03/20/16--07:31: _Altitude Sickness P...
- 03/31/16--19:35: _Tibetan Horse Ridin...
- 06/12/16--07:45: _How Much Does it Co...
- 08/07/16--11:39: _Tibet Festival: Sum...
- 09/03/16--15:25: _Xining Day Trips an...
- 10/06/16--19:10: _Tibet Photography Tour
- 01/18/17--19:16: _Tibet Photography T...
- 02/10/17--05:29: _Tibetans Celebratin...
- 02/11/17--15:48: _Safer Tibet Everest...
- 05/07/17--14:45: _Lhasa Gallery
- 07/15/17--09:17: _Itineraries for Pre...
- 09/01/17--18:25: _Tibet Nepal Border ...
- 11/06/15--17:26: Yilhun Lhatso: A Video Postcard from Kham
- 11/07/15--13:51: Tro La Pass: A Video Postcard from Kham
- 12/20/15--08:46: Altitude Sickness in Tibet: How Bad are the Symptoms?
- 12/27/15--11:16: What is My Risk of Getting High Altitude Sickness?
- 01/09/16--08:46: How to Avoid Altitude Sickness in Tibet
- 01/18/16--09:17: Itineraries for Preventing Altitude Sickness in Tibet
- 02/21/16--11:46: How to Make the Most of Your Time in Lhasa
- 03/06/16--15:47: Dzogchen Monastery: Treasure in the “Hidden” Rudam Valley
- 03/20/16--07:31: Altitude Sickness Prevention in a Nutshell
- 03/31/16--19:35: Tibetan Horse Riding Adventure
- 06/12/16--07:45: How Much Does it Cost to Travel to Tibet?
- 08/07/16--11:39: Tibet Festival: Summer Horse Racing
- 09/03/16--15:25: Xining Day Trips and Places to Stay
- 10/06/16--19:10: Tibet Photography Tour
- 01/18/17--19:16: Tibet Photography Tour to Mount Kailash
- 02/10/17--05:29: Tibetans Celebrating Losar in Tibet and All Over the World
- 02/11/17--15:48: Safer Tibet Everest Base Camp Tour
- 05/07/17--14:45: Lhasa Gallery
- 07/15/17--09:17: Itineraries for Preventing Altitude Sickness in Tibet
- 09/01/17--18:25: Tibet Nepal Border 2017
Yilhun Lhatso (Yilhun Lha Lake) is a beautiful little jewel of a lake near Manigango in Kham, Eastern Tibet. Since we were on the road from Derge to Dzogchen, we didn’t explore the area, but we understand there is good hiking through here. According to our new friend Chris Jones of Griffon Expeditions, “the concentration of […]
The Tro La Pass is an icy-cold, windy and stunningly beautiful high mountain pass in Kham, Eastern Tibet. On the way from Derge to Dzogchen, one winds up the narrow dirt road to the 16,568 feet/ 5050 meters top of the pass. When we came through on October 24, 2015, we saw construction well under way for a tunnel being built […]
In this post, we aim to give you some essential facts about the symptoms for altitude sickness, to help protect you from getting seriously ill on a trip to Tibet. We want to give you an idea of how bad the symptoms are, and how they might impact your trip. You will learn about the three main types of altitude sickness and […]
The post Altitude Sickness in Tibet: How Bad are the Symptoms? appeared first on YoWangdu Tibetan Culture.
In this post we offer you a practical way to reduce your risk of getting high altitude sickness when you travel to Tibet (or any other high altitude destination.) First we’ll define what high altitude actually means and give you some examples in Tibet. Second we will look at what kind of thing put you at risk. […]
The post What is My Risk of Getting High Altitude Sickness? appeared first on YoWangdu Tibetan Culture.
Our goal in this post is to give you practical tools and strategies for how to avoid altitude sickness when you travel to Tibet. This is the third in a series of posts addressing our readers’ questions and fears about altitude sickness. If you have not read the first two posts in the series, please take […]
Did you know that many of the popular itineraries for travelers to Tibet put you at high risk of getting altitude sickness? In this post we give you examples of Tibet travel itineraries designed for preventing altitude sickness. (Plus one example of a really bad itinerary.) You may not be able to entirely avoid getting […]
The post Itineraries for Preventing Altitude Sickness in Tibet appeared first on YoWangdu Tibetan Culture.
Many of the travelers who contact us for trips in Tibet have wanted to go to Lhasa for a long time. But most folks don’t know what to expect in a Lhasa tour, or what is possible to do in a short amount of time. The good news is that Lhasa holds many of the cultural and spiritual treasures of Tibet, […]
The people who contact us for travel in Tibet are usually looking for an authentic and spiritual experience rather than a commercial tour. They want to visit sacred Buddhist sites and connect with Tibetan people. What many people don’t know is that a great way to have an authentic experience is to travel in the […]
The post Dzogchen Monastery: Treasure in the “Hidden” Rudam Valley appeared first on YoWangdu Tibetan Culture.
In this post we offer you a summary of the most effective tips for altitude sickness prevention, gathered from our growing collection of posts on this topic. Our goal is to give you user-friendly and evidence-based information that you can use to plan a more safe and enjoyable trip to Tibet (or any high altitude place). The […]
A common request we get is for trips in Tibet that are not “touristy.” As one traveler said: ” I really want to experience the local culture and get to some non touristy places.” In this post, you will find an outstanding trip that is one of the least “touristy” Tibetan journeys you could ever take. The […]
Naturally, we get asked a lot about the pricing of trips to Tibet. In this post, we’ve put together for you a quick summary of sample costs of some common Tibet tour packages. There are a range of prices, and some of the large Chinese companies can be cheaper, but be careful about making a choice […]
The summer Tibet festival season is on all over Tibet. Recently some friends sent us some pictures and videos of the horse racing festival – the wongo – in Pembo, the beautiful large valley just over a ridge of mountains north of Lhasa. We’ll share those with you here, along with a few images from […]
Now that a lot of travelers are understanding that they should spend a couple of nights in Xining/Siling to acclimate for trips into Tibet, we’re getting questions about good Xining day trips and places to stay. In this post we’ll share with you some tips from two of our favorite Tibetan guides in the region. […]
We are proud and happy to present an opportunity to take a Tibet photography tour with a stellar Tibetan photographer and guide, Jamin “Lobsang” York. Jamin has been leading high quality photography and cultural journeys through Tibet for 12 years, with a deep knowledge of and connection to local Tibetan people and culture. If you’re interested in photography and Tibet, this […]
Here’s another fantastic opportunity for adventure with one of the most experienced and service-oriented guides in Tibet, Jamin “Lobsang” York. This time, Jamin is leading a Tibet photography tour to Mount Kailash, with an itinerary that is a greatest hits of Tibet, all in one journey! If you’re interested in both Tibet travel and photography, […]
Here’s a fun collection of videos and images of Tibetans celebrating Losar, the Tibetan New Year, inside Tibet and all over the world. Gallery: Tibetan dress at Losar Here’s a sampling of Tibetan dress from different regions of Tibet in photos taken on the second day of Losar, tsepa nyi, at the Tibetan Association of […]
The post Tibetans Celebrating Losar in Tibet and All Over the World appeared first on YoWangdu Tibetan Culture.
We are so pleased to announce a new, safer Tibet Everest Base Camp tour! We’ve been working with one of our favorite Tibetan-owned agencies in Lhasa to develop Tibet trips that allow you to ascend more slowly and therefore more safely from Lhasa to Everest Base Camp’s (EBC) very high altitude. So we love their new 10-Day […]
I’m Ellen and I’m back with a photo gallery on Yowangdu. This time with photos from Lhasa, the capital of Tibet (the Tibetan Autonomous Region). I love visiting Lhasa. Till now I have been in Lhasa for a total of eleven times. Last years I went to Lhasa in winter time. Lhasa in winter time […]
Did you know that most of the popular itineraries for travelers to Tibet put you at high risk of getting altitude sickness? In this post we give you examples of Tibet travel itineraries designed for preventing altitude sickness. (Plus one example of a really bad itinerary.) You may not be able to entirely avoid getting […]
The post Itineraries for Preventing Altitude Sickness in Tibet appeared first on YoWangdu Experience Tibet.
The big news in the Tibet travel world is that the Tibet Nepal Border is open to foreign travelers again! Announced on August 30 by government officials from the Tibetan Autonomous Region (TAR), the border opening allows once again one of the most popular overland journeys in the world — travel between Lhasa, Tibet and […]